Rockwell Table & Stage will put “A Spell On” audiences this fall with a return of The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Hocus Pocus. It’s “trick or treat” time in this all-new live interpretation of the hilarious Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy NajimyHalloween tale, running Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays at 8 pm and Sundays at 12 noon from Sept. 21 – Nov. 17, 2017. Tickets on sale now at www.rockwell-la.com.
Continuing her tradition of turning cult classics into “unauthorized” musicals, Executive Producer/Co-writer Kate Pazakis partners with Director, Peter Allen Vogt and Co-writer John Flynn to brew the cauldron for an homage that will leave audiences spellbound!
When three witches come back to life on Halloween to feed on the youth of the world, two teenagers, a young girl and a once-human cat will have to stop them. In the eighth Unauthorized Musical Parody of her hit series, Pazakis takes a song-filled swipe at the 1993 family comedy Hocus Pocus. Brimming with jokes, music, witchcraft, magic and creepy fun, The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Hocus Pocus puts a new spin on the cult favorite at Rockwell Table & Stage in Los Feliz, CA.
The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Hocus Pocus features an all-star cast that includes:
- Winifred “Winnie” Sanderson (the film’s Bette Midler) – a resourceful, devious older sister – will be portrayed alternately by Tony Award Winner Marissa Jaret Winokur (“Hairspray The Musical”) and Rockwell favorite, Emma Hunton (“Wicked”, “Freaky Friday”).
- Sarah Sanderson (the film’s Sarah Jessica Parker) – the overly flirtatious and eccentric youngest sister – will be alternately portrayed by Haviland Stillwell (Apple’s “The Rock Vs. Siri”, “Magic Mike XXL”) and Laura L. Thomas (UMPO’s “Clueless”).
- Mary Sanderson, (the film’s Kathy Najimy) – a vacuum riding, gullible middle sister – will be alternately played by Teya Patt (TV’s “Fresh Off The Boat” and “Girlboss”) and Gina D’Acciaro.
- Max Dennison – the love-stricken and heroic teenager who accidently brings back the Sanderson Sisters, but ultimately saves the day – will alternately be portrayed by Jason Michael Snow (2017 CBS Diversity Showcase, UMPO: “Mean Gurlz”) and Jordan Goodsell (Disney’s “Frozen: Live at the Hyperion”).
- Allison – Max’s love interest with the great “yabbos” – will be alternately played by Ashley Argorta (FreeForm’s “The Fosters”, UMPO: “Mean Gurlz”) and Emily Morris (“Dogfight” L.A. premiere, TV’s “Charlie Murphy’s Law”).
- Dani Dennison – the adorable little sister of Max – will be alternately portrayed by Lana McKissack (TV’s “Transformers: Combiner Wars” and “Dark/Web”) and Cailtlin Gallogly (HBO’s “Silicon Valley” and “The Mindy Project”).
- Thackary Binx – the immortal black cat who becomes overly protective of Dani Dennison – will be alternately played by Tom DeTrinis (“90210” and “Californication”) and Conor E.K. Dagenfield (UMPO’s “The Big Lebowski” and “Mean Gurlz”).
- Billy Butcherson – Winifred’s zombie ex, whom she poisoned and sewed his mouth shut when she found out about the affair he had with her sister Sarah – will be alternately portrayed by Spencer Strong Smith (“Dogfight” L.A. premiere) and Nathan Moore (“Misconduct”, “Bad Night”).
- Peter Vogt (“Princess Diaries”), John Flynn, and Bruce Vilanch, along with a bevy of celebrity guests will take on the role of Narrator/The Book.
“This is the ultimate Halloween film featuring my favorite character women of all time,” says Pazakis. “We are thrilled to bring this hit show back to Rockwell and have many surprise guest performances as well as an all star cast of Broadway/Film/TV actors and even a Tony Award winner.”
Tickets for this frightfully fun show are on sale now. Rockwell Table & Stage is located in Los Feliz at 1714 N. Vermont Ave, Los Angeles. 323-669-1550 For more information, visit http://www.rockwell-la.com/
Also by popular demand, The Unauthorized Musical Parody of BRIDESMAIDS will continue the 1st Saturday of every month as Brunch Show starting in October.