Several West Hollywood Street and Facilities Closures will be in
City Parking Structures will Offer Paid Parking;
Free ‘Pride Ride’ Shuttle Information: www.weho.org/prideride
For Pride Schedule and Event Information: www.lapride.org
The City of West Hollywood will host the expanded 2019 Christopher Street West LA Pride Celebration in West Hollywood from Friday, June 7, 2019 to Sunday, June 9, 2019. Many thousands of people are anticipated to attend the Pride Festival, Pride on the Boulevard, and the Pride Parade. Use of public transportation, rideshare services, and the City’s free shuttle and trolley services are highly encouraged during Pride weekend.
Weekend Pride events in West Hollywood include:
· Dyke March (Free!) at Sal Guarriello Veterans’ Memorial at Santa Monica Boulevard and Holloway Drive, Friday, June 7, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.;
· Pride Parade (Free!) on Santa Monica Boulevard, Sunday, June 9 beginning at 10:45 a.m.
Due to these Pride events, the following facilities and streets will be temporarily closed:
• West Hollywood Park Dog Parks will be closed from 6 a.m. on Monday, June 3, 2019 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12, 2019;
• West Hollywood Pool will be closed beginning Monday, June 3, 2019 and will reopen on Monday, June 17, 2019;
West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station (@whdlasd) will live-tweet street re-openings.
• Santa Monica Boulevard eastbound will be closed between Hancock Avenue and Robertson Boulevard beginning Friday, June 7, 2019 at 10 a.m. and will reopen on Monday June 10, 2019 for morning rush hour;
• Santa Monica Boulevard westbound will be closed between Hancock Avenue and Robertson Boulevard beginning Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 9 a.m. and will reopen on Monday June 10, 2019 for morning rush hour;
• San Vicente Boulevard will be closed between Santa Monica Boulevard and Melrose Avenue from 7 p.m. on Thursday, June 6, 2019 through 10 a.m. on Monday, June 10, 2019;
• Santa Monica Boulevard in both directions will be closed from Fairfax Avenue to Doheny Drive from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 9, 2019; as noted above, Santa Monica Boulevard from Hancock to Robertson Boulevard will remain closed until morning rush hour on Monday, June 10, 2019;
• Streets one block north and south of Santa Monica Boulevard will be closed from Fairfax Avenue to Doheny Drive from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 9, 2019.
The City of West Hollywood will suspend enforcement of permit parking for Pride weekend from 4 p.m. on Friday, June 7, 2019 to 12 p.m. on Monday, June 10, 2019.
All metered parking will be enforced on Friday, June 7, 2019, Saturday, June 8, 2019, and Sunday, June 9, 2019. Attendees of festivities are encouraged to observe all posted parking restrictions; if parking occurs in the adjacent cities of Los Angeles and/or Beverly Hills, all parking restrictions must be observed.
Public parking will be available at the following locations for a fee on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:
Pride Weekend Selected Special Event Parking Locations:
- Kings Road Parking Structure, 8383 Santa Monica Boulevard
- La Jolla/Havenhurst Lot, 1043 La Jolla Avenue
- Orange Grove Lot, 1114 N. Orange Grove Avenue
- Spaulding Lot, 7718 Santa Monica Boulevard
- Queens Lot, 8459 Sunset Boulevard
- Sunset City Lot, 8775 Sunset Boulevard
In order to avoid traffic and parking delays, pride-goers are encouraged to use alternative modes of transportation such as ride-sharing services or the City of West Hollywood’s special Pride Ride free shuttle service: www.weho.org/prideride. Attendees can also hop on one of several Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) bus lines that connect to the City of West Hollywood, including: 4/704, 10, 30/330, 105/705, 212/312, 217, and 218. More information regarding lines is available at www.metro.net and Metro will post service advisories regarding route changes for Pride Weekend at www.metro.net/service/advisories.
For more information about Pride weekend, including a full schedule of events, visit the Christopher Street West LA Pride in West Hollywood website at www.lapride.org.
Each year, the City of West Hollywood celebrates the artistic contributions of the LGBTQ community with its vibrant One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival. The festival runs for 40 days, from Harvey Milk Day on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 through Sunday, June 30, 2019, which marks the end of Pride month. A complete list of this year’s One City One Pride festival events is available at www.weho.org/pride.