The 3,000 square-foot gelato wonderland is more than a simple scoop shop. Customers can expect to be transported to a world of pure, unadulterated joy—the kind that can only be inspired by the most delicious of desserts—once they walk through its doors. With experiences that range from the delectably indulgent to the inspiringly creative, they will include:
- a ROTATING MENU of award-winning, taste bud-tingling artisan gelato flavors (15 flavors total). 10 of the flavors are from recipes created by 10 different, master gelato chefs from around the globe that have won awards at Gelato Festival’s worldwide championships, including Strawberry & Red Pepper and Pecorino Cheese with Caramelized Pear & Honey; 5 additional flavors are from recipes created by the store’s in-house gelato chef. The menu will be rounded out by gelato cakes, gelato popsicles, and Italian coffee from the country’s oldest roaster (including the option for affogatos).
- an open-concept LAB equipped with state-of-the-art machinery, where customers can view the mesmerizing process of gelato being made fresh daily.
- a CLASSROOM that will host unforgettably fun, weekly interactive gelato and coffee workshops open to the public (and be available for private events).
- a MUSEUM area highlighting the history of gelato and its milestones starting from its founding in the 16th century, complete with artifacts such as an antique Florentine gelato maker.
- a calendar of lively COMMUNITY EVENTS, including special visits by award-winning gelato chefs, kids’ juries, and all-you-can-eat gelato challenges.
Born in Florence, Italy in 2010, Gelato Festival was founded on the belief that gelato is a universal symbol of happiness—and that there are few pleasures in life greater than the feeling of licking a truly delicious scoop. Over the past ten years, it has hosted more than 100 decadently fun festivals across the world where over 3,000 of the most accomplished gelato chefs compete with their original flavors. Attendees have the opportunity to taste all the competing flavors, vote for their favorite one, and even watch gelato chefs at work in the world’s largest frozen dessert laboratory on wheels.
Gelato Festival’s flagship store will be open Sunday through Thursday 12-10PM, and Friday and Saturday 12-12PM, with special weekly events (TBA). For more information, visit gelatofestival.com/store and follow along on Instagram @gelatofestiva
IMAGES: Wonho Frank Lee